Wednesday, November 10, 2004

Hot Topic: Can we get donated licenses for our donated computers?

I am an MCSE, MCDBA who has been in the tech sector for 8 years. I also am a volunteer at the computer lab of the Logan Square Boys and Girls Club in Chicago, IL. The company I work for and some friends have generously donated some older but usable computers for me to give to kids who don’t have one at home. To let the kids “earn” the computers, I teach them a little A+ - type hardware knowledge, and a little Windows and application stuff. The only thing that I am missing is Windows licenses. All of the XP licenses that were associated with those physical machines were kept for their new computers. These computers are going to kids between the ages of 9 and 18 who would probably not be able to afford a computer themselves. Right now, I have 11 computers. I guess I could install Linux and OpenOffice.org on them, but they are accustomed to Windows and Office, so they would be able to use them much more productively if I could install that on them, instead. The problem is that I have no money for this. Do you have a program for donating licenses for this type of program?

http://www.techsoup.org/forums/index.cfm?fuseaction=read&forum=2009&id=55868&cid=117

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Vous avez un blog très agréable et je l'aime, je vais placer un lien de retour à lui dans un de mon blogs qui égale votre contenu. Il peut prendre quelques jours mais je ferai besure pour poster un nouveau commentaire avec le lien arrière.

Merci pour est un bon blogger.

October 8, 2005 at 7:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home